• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Models

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something that I've wondered for a while now and haven't ever really been able to determine from the TMs or websites I've seen - What are the variations, changes, and improvements in relation to the HMMWV A0, A1, and A2 models?

BenDeez

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, maybe someone can answer though. The variations are body types- correct? I read through the link, but it mentions the engines. In my case- I had a 91 M1038 with the 6.2 now after replacing the engine with the 6.5 my variation is the same?

BenDeez

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I get that, my question more was more between an AO, A1 or A2. I know the main difference between the other hmmwv variations was the upgraded 6.5. After some more research I don't think the M1038 was ever manufactured with the 6.5- is this correct? It only had the M1038 and the M1038A1 in 1994?