• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV parts found on Facebook.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought some soft doors off facebook and the guy has lots of parts from a place that demilitarizes HMMWVS. I was wondering if these doors are worth 5k he's asking for them. Says they are bulletproof. Has two sets.

Other pics are some of the other items he has. If anyone wants his name on Facebook msg me.

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
are the doors bulletproof? Not really.
The supplemental armor on the fiberglass doors is designed as frag armor, meaning to stop fragments from bombs and stuff like that.
It will stop some small arms fire, like most common pistol rounds (as a buddy of mine tested with his doors with the supplemental armor) but don't count on it to stop any rifle rounds or the like.

If the doors are in excellent condition, then I'm sure someone out there is willing to spend $5k on them, as the standard fiberglass doors seem to be selling in the $4k range pretty regularly.

springer1981

The doors in the picture are not armored up door from what I can see. Those look like standard doors.

If you look around and aren't in a hurry, you can find better deals and pricing. Here is another guy on FB with a pair of front doors for $1700

doors.jpg

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The doors in the picture are not armored up door from what I can see. Those look like standard doors.

If you look around and aren't in a hurry, you can find better deals and pricing. Here is another guy on FB with a pair of front doors for $1700

View attachment 860545
I figured. Maybe only the glass is bulletproof. I've seen 4 doors go for 3500 in perfect conditon on facebook.

I just got a good deal on some soft doors. This guy has 6 green soft tops available and I know that I had to pay much more when I bought my artic kit.

Attachments

SmartDrug

I figured. Maybe only the glass is bulletproof. I've seen 4 doors go for 3500 in perfect conditon on facebook.

I just got a good deal on some soft doors. This guy has 6 green soft tops available and I know that I had to pay much more when I bought my artic kit.
Was the seller named Oleg?

I am considering buying some stuff from him, but wanted to make sure he was legit.

JetbikeAnt

are the doors bulletproof? Not really.
The supplemental armor on the fiberglass doors is designed as frag armor, meaning to stop fragments from bombs and stuff like that.
It will stop some small arms fire, like most common pistol rounds (as a buddy of mine tested with his doors with the supplemental armor) but don't count on it to stop any rifle rounds or the like.

If the doors are in excellent condition, then I'm sure someone out there is willing to spend $5k on them, as the standard fiberglass doors seem to be selling in the $4k range pretty regularly.
I'm with Coug. I have these Doors on my M1045A2. They are the Supplemental Armor Skins that are Riveted on Top of the X-Doors. Defiantly not Bullet proof.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm with Coug. I have these Doors on my M1045A2. They are the Supplemental Armor Skins that are Riveted on Top of the X-Doors. Defiantly not Bullet proof.
And it has to be said that no matter the armor - The size and speed of the projectile has everything to do with how bullet proof something is...

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suppl doors also have 5/8th glass....If re-glassing them, it would be hard to find that thickness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks