• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv rear half doors....or not

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a set of what I thought were rear half doors for my 1038. I assumed (I know....never assume) that these doors were for a Humvee and that the would just hang right on. Well up on closer inspection they are too small. The hinges fit.

1. Is there a version of the Humvee that has smaller rear doors?

2. Of do these go to another type of military vehicle? If so, what vehicle?

Attachments

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought all bodies were the same. The 2 man truck just uses filler panels( I have a set) to close off the back door openings. I was not aware that there was an actual "2" man varient.

Attachments

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1152, Also truck with an Avenger roof.
If the area around cab is armored...normally they use the short door with plate.

MaverickH1

I have the same door. But no panel. I plan on making the aluminum plate to lengthen the door and either bolt, rivet, or weld it to the door as an extension. Then duplicate the hinge mounting slots.

I want a full size door, so I'm going to make it one.

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have access to a plasma table. I am considering making the door panel to the correct size without the plate and transferring the hardware from these doors to the full sized door.

MaverickH1

I have access to a plasma table. I am considering making the door panel to the correct size without the plate and transferring the hardware from these doors to the full sized door.
There's no reason to recreate the entire wheel. Just make an extension and bolt/rivet/weld it all the way down the door so it is a rigid door. And then move the hinges to the end of that new door. No problems!

You could probably sell those doors for $500. It would likely take only $200 to get the hardware on them if you wanted to make a complete door yourself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks