• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv rims on m101a2 ?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a m101a2 trailer for sale on gp that caught my eye. (sold for crazy $2000 in Kalifornia and in very average condition) Definitely m101a2 box not m101a3 with wider fender with straight axle not drop axle with 12 bolt hmmwv rim with goodyear radial mt. Looks like all clearances are fine?

I saw 2 old posts with one person running a 1/4 spacer plate and another mentioned parking brake cable rubbing.

Is anyone here running them and can can give feedback & pictures? Did you use a plate?

I can't imagine the military used a plate but just bolted them on.

Moving the parking cables with some loom clamps seems a slam dunk if needed to pull them away.

I have a m998 and like my m101a2 and this would be a simple solution for me than getting a different trailer or messing with axle and having one standard rim and tire in "my" fleet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Barrman

I had a set on a M101A2 until just a few weeks ago. No plate. Brake cables did come real close. I actually was able to move them inboard just a bit to clear. They will work.

However, a M101 with stock tires pulls empty like it isn't even there. Put the bias HMMWV tires on there and it feels like I threw out an anchor. I don't know how the radial tires pull. I put H2 rims on the trailer with BFG 35's and it pulls like it isn't there again.