• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV SF Hood Tool Rack

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoping to find another tool rack. Sold mine with the 998. would even like a pattern of the mounting base to fab up my own.

Bought mine previously from ebay but that time is gone. trying to get the same pattern as originally used.

Thanks for all reply's.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 3 m1165a1's on gov planet with them mounted on gmv. Maybe the pics would give you the outline and dimensions to free Lance your build.

@86humv Greg used to make repros but I think he is long been out of them. He might have prints of when he did them to share. Ymmv

I think the clamps are called fast clamps and common to utility and fire trucks etc.

You could own the market if you start producing as I am not aware of any out there and tons of trucks have been sold on the last 5+ years.

Reactions: NDT

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 3 m1165a1's on gov planet with them mounted on gmv. Maybe the pics would give you the outline and dimensions to free Lance your build.

@86humv Greg used to make repros but I think he is long been out of them. He might have prints of when he did them to share. Ymmv

I think the clamps are called fast clamps and common to utility and fire trucks etc.

You could own the market if you start producing as I am not aware of any out there and tons of trucks have been sold on the last 5+ years.
Thanks,
I hit him up. the racks are like unicorns now.
Dave

Crapgame

Are you seeking the early octagon shaped hood tray (MSG M70-402)? This type still shows up on M1114 ECV and M1165 REV chassis based GMV.
Pioneer Tool Hood Tray2.jpg

Or the later, Military Systems Group Lightweight/Skeletonized Pioneer Tool Hood Tray?
5SFG Tiger Stripes and GMV.jpg

The early, early trucks had the PacTool Clamps bolted directly to the hood.

Then where was a narrow style tool tray that fit between the airlift loops and the top edge of the hood.
Short GMV Pioneer Tool Tray1.jpg

I have an original M70-402 style Hood Tray for my early GWOT OIF1-6 GMV (likely not correct for that era) that I traced onto some 1/4" 5052 aluminum sheet I bought locally at a steal to have a 2nd tray made for my CIF Co assaulter GMV.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you seeking the early octagon shaped hood tray (MSG M70-402)? This type still shows up on M1114 ECV and M1165 REV chassis based GMV.
View attachment 919346

Or the later, Military Systems Group Lightweight/Skeletonized Pioneer Tool Hood Tray?
View attachment 919348

The early, early trucks had the PacTool Clamps bolted directly to the hood.

Then where was a narrow style tool tray that fit between the airlift loops and the top edge of the hood.
View attachment 919345

I have an original M70-402 style Hood Tray for my early GWOT OIF1-6 GMV (likely not correct for that era) that I traced onto some 1/4" 5052 aluminum sheet I bought locally at a steal to have a 2nd tray made for my CIF Co assaulter GMV.
Dave here,
I was looking for the first early style. About have my 1152 up to speed but want to add this. Saw that the clamps can be purchased online but no plates or templates available.
Thanks,
Dave Kane 832 538 6238

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newer repos can be made again...but expensive....over $ 550 ea. bare aluminum....no mounts.....then I would have to pay big shipping from So.cal. to Texas
...then ship again to buyers.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newer repos can be made again...but expensive....over $ 550 ea. bare aluminum....no mounts.....then I would have to pay big shipping from So.cal. to Texas
...then ship again to buyers.
I will keep on looking around. Maybe get a template for one.

I should have taken mine off my hmmwv before I sold it.
Thx
Dave

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If someone would provide or sell the drawing, we could have these made locally with ease.

Crapgame

I only have access to the 1st gen octagon style hood tray. Kevin's turbo-charged 1987 M998 sat here for almost 5 months with the later one on his hood but he put a rebuilt engine in it then took it home last week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks