• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV trailer builders

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are the same that I've seen. The M1101 hauls a less weight than the M1102 by 800lbs pounds. They both come in at 1400lbs empty.

Great trailers. I have a pristine M101A2 all in OD but very difficult to find an M1101 or M1102 all in OD anymore.

Mark

2deuce

They all look the same except for the paint. There seems to be 2 main builders, or at least the 2 that I see most. Sometimes I will see one go for much more than another for no apparent reason, which had me wondering if there was something I should know. I want to get one. The price seems to be coming down a little on Gov Planet in some places.

Those M101a2 trailers are not too common around here anymore in any color.

Thanks

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m1101 and m1102 are the same trailer. Just rated higher for a different application. Only thing different is the data plate so scoop up what ever you can get. Very few were plain green. Seems most got the 3 color camo pattern or tan.

I recall 100+ brand spanking new ones 3 color camo in the GL day at Ft. Polk being sold..............

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are the same that I've seen. The M1101 hauls a less weight than the M1102 by 800lbs pounds. They both come in at 1400lbs empty.

Great trailers. I have a pristine M101A2 all in OD but very difficult to find an M1101 or M1102 all in OD anymore.

Mark
Dont take my word for it look it up but a 1101 is identicle in every way to the 1102 its strictly some kind of wt classifacation thing about who or what can be used togeather you can also go to the mfr website and they tell you the same ! i had 4 of em a few years back so i dug into the info on them

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it has to do with the tow rating of the HMMWVs. The older ones were rated for 3400 lbs towing; the newer ones or ones that got a reinfocement plate are rated for 4200 lbs towing.
As other have said, the trailers themselves are identical but for data plate ratings.

spankybear

m1101 and m1102 are the same trailer. Just rated higher for a different application. Only thing different is the data plate so scoop up what ever you can get. Very few were plain green. Seems most got the 3 color camo pattern or tan.

I recall 100+ brand spanking new ones 3 color camo in the GL day at Ft. Polk being sold..............
I just picked one up for 650 plus fees. It is brand new old stock from Doyle CA. The icing on this M1101 cake was ALL of the hardware and bows and cover for the top was in the bed. LED marker lights also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks