• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMTT hydraulic reservoir

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I am pulling the Radiator on my M977 HEMTT and tomorrow I disconnect the Hydraulic lines from the radiator, my question concerning this is there any shutoff valves in the hydraulic lines? I have gone through the TMs and have found nothing and draining the tank is one way but I would sure rather just shut the oil off? I know the radiator will be messy and when I disconnect the lines I will have hopefully a little but trying to reduce it as much as possible. Any thoughts?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not aware of any shut off valves for the hydraulic fluid to the radiator. I drained my radiator water first via the petcock then I blew low pressure air thru the filler neck to completely drain the motor of radiator fluid. I have not removed a radiator before but the above process removes all radiator fluid and this could make it easier and cleaner to capture the hydraulic oil for reuse.

87cr250r

It's generally frowned upon to put unnecessary valves in hydraulic systems. Start the system with the valve closed and you can do a lot of damage.

Depending on how high above the system, the tank is, could attach a shop vac hose to the top of the tank and run the vacuum while you disconnect the hoses. This will keep the fluid from draining out until you can get plugs put in the hoses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks