• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homemade genny for the Deuce

willysmd

Hi All

First pictures of our homemade 8kva generator to tow behind the truck, just been out for a test drive to see how she pulls and did not even know it was on.
Now we are ready for the show season starting next week and in 3 weeks time for the War and Peace show (the big one)

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Homemade genny for the Duece

That's very interesting, can we see more pics, and especially the inside (genset, fuel tank) and the chassis of it?
Can you say exactly about the engine and alternator?
How does she handle on the road with such a short wheelbase/ any bouncing etc?

Ok lots of nosey questions, but it's really unique!

willysmd

Hi a couple of pics of the workings inside, the engine is the same as a dumper truck and is very noisy when we started it was sounding off at 98 decibels, now with all the sound proofing and the door closed it is down to 68 decibels which I am assured is the same as talknig volume.

We have all the power we need at 240 volts and with the flick of a switch down to 110 volts, it runs on red diesel which is 45 pence a litre here much cheaper than normal stuff.

Not bad for a first attempt, and yes there is a Stalwart in the picture which belongs to a mate of mine where I store the Reo etc.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks