• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood hinges

bozozimbo

It warmed up enough today to do some work on Bubba. I dont know if its a common problem but my hood rattled terribly. Made the truck even more noisy than normal.My hinges were really worn and loose.
I bought a set of hood hinges and installed them....man what a difference in sound. Well worth the cost.
If you happen to attempt this job.....you can do the passenger side yourself by removing the glove box and running the impact wrench thru the opened front window on top of the cowl.......but I guarantee you will need soldier B to do the drivers side as the bolts thru the top of the driver side cowl are right above the steering column brackets, hardware and associated wiring. It takes almost a contortionist to get a wrench on them.
Luckily soldier B <wife> was handy to run the impact wrench.

Jimbo

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a new set of hinges also. I can't tell you how many times wifey has played soldier "b".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hood hinges are always a source of noise when they wear and sloppy looking rust drips. Its been on the to do list for a while but I want to get a set of niges reamed and install bronze bushings. This would make a great upgrade to the steel on steel hinges.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If they are anything like passenger car hinges, there are companies that will rebuild them, but it isn't cheap. I had the hinges done on my last Road Runner.

Google "SMS Mopar" and I think you'll find one of the companies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks