• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hopkinsville, Ky Pickup

Kora

Hello,
I am waiting for EUC to clear for my M998 located somewhere in Hopkinsville, KY. My plan is, upon EUC approval(hope soon) tow it four wheel down for 654 miles to home.
According to the inspection report, a tire has "low air". Indeed the left front tire is down to ground, on the picture. Do not know if it is caused by slow leak or punchured flat. If it is slow leak I need to bring an air compressor to air up, if it is flat I need to take a tire mounted on rim, and tire change tools with me. (I do not have tire nor don't know where to buy one)

Here are my questions to fellow SS members;
(1). How can I find if it is a flat or slow leak? GP would not, can not help me on this, they would not even reveal the location of truck other than "Hopkinsville", until EUC approval.
(2). Is Hopkinsville location a military base? Do they have tire service capability, with fee?
(3). Are there any service shops in Hopkinsville who may be able to service military vehicles?
(4). How long a tire can sit on flat before it ruins sidewall?

Thank you in advance.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopkinsville yard is actually a scrap yard off the Pennyrile pkwy north of Hopkinsville, Ky a mile or so from exit. There is a truck/equipment yard at the exit on west side of highway. Do not know the name, but it is exit 11 off the pennyrile. The contact for pickup on site works for the scrap yard. I towed my trailer offsite, but asked about forklift assistance. I believe they will. He didn't say anything about charging for that. I believe he was the assistant manager of the scrapyard. My dealings with him were positive. He had one of his employees help me hook up my m105. You will need to go to the office at scrapyard to check in.

Last edited:

Kora

Hopkinsville yard is actually a scrap yard off the Pennyrile pkwy north of Hopkinsville, Ky a mile or so from exit. There is a truck/equipment yard at the exit on west side of highway. Do not know the name, but it is exit 11 off the pennyrile. The contact for pickup on site works for the scrap yard. I towed my trailer offsite, but asked about forklift assistance. I believe they will. He didn't say anything about charging for that. I believe he was the assistant manager of the scrapyard. My dealings with him were positive. He had one of his employees help me hook up my m105. You will need to go to the office at scrapyard to check in.

Thank you for your detail info.

appreciated.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There might be an address on your Hold Harmless Agreement, there was on my recent one.

fywacs450

That is where my m998 is as well. I found it on google earth. But I doubt my pickup date will be before yours so please share useful info when you do retrieve to help me out.

Kora

That is where my m998 is as well. I found it on google earth. But I doubt my pickup date will be before yours so please share useful info when you do retrieve to help me out.
Good to know your M998 is there also. My auction date was Jan 6 and EUC was sent to TSC on Feb 9. I am still waiting.

I'm sure you've already figured this out, but Hopkinsville, KY is the town in Kentucky nearest FT Campbell. My mother was born there and we went down there as kids a lot to see relatives. Clarksville is also just outside the post over the line in Tennessee. I've been to FT Campbell numerous times. Good luck on your recovery and I look forward to seeing pictures of your new M998.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks