• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HOSE,NONMETALLIC. (between filler and fuel tank) leaking.

NormB

Filled up Friday, Saturday AM I was doing something with the batteries and smelled diesel fuel.

Took a minute to track down the source. Apparently, along with most all the other rubber parts on this truck (1993 M998 6.2L), the hose is broken down and being parked on a slight slope (rear end downhill BIG chocks in place, fuel's found a way out - drip, drip, drip.

Did some searching online for Part #17 on Figure 17 of P-1 parts book, 4720012128269 12338551-2 - no joy.

Does anyone know exactly what I would ask for at my local NAPA parts store? Or is this part also made from some super-secret neoprene compound requiring buying ten thousand of them on a pallet at auction then spending the next five years selling off the ones I DON'T need at auction somewhere (which seems to be what a LOT of people do these days
;))

Of course I could take it off, take it to the store, but if I KNOW what I'm looking for I'll know what to ask them for.

In picture, if you blow it up, you can see a lot of cracking near the tank.

Thanks in advance.

NormHose filler IMG_2881.jpg

Jakob1944

Filled up Friday, Saturday AM I was doing something with the batteries and smelled diesel fuel.

Took a minute to track down the source. Apparently, along with most all the other rubber parts on this truck (1993 M998 6.2L), the hose is broken down and being parked on a slight slope (rear end downhill BIG chocks in place, fuel's found a way out - drip, drip, drip.

Did some searching online for Part #17 on Figure 17 of P-1 parts book, 4720012128269 12338551-2 - no joy.

Does anyone know exactly what I would ask for at my local NAPA parts store? Or is this part also made from some super-secret neoprene compound requiring buying ten thousand of them on a pallet at auction then spending the next five years selling off the ones I DON'T need at auction somewhere (which seems to be what a LOT of people do these days
;))

Of course I could take it off, take it to the store, but if I KNOW what I'm looking for I'll know what to ask them for.

In picture, if you blow it up, you can see a lot of cracking near the tank.

Thanks in advance.

NormView attachment 654033

Pg 17-1.......illustration 17.......

15 PAOZZ 4720012128269 19207 12338551-2 HOSE,NONMETALLIC....................

looks like a common fuel tank hose.....