• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How difficult is it to change to a regular thermal fan?

tigertank

Would like to simplify the fan clutch system by getting rid of the caddilac and all that stuff. Is it possible ? Or am i going to regret it!!

Dock Rocker

What are you trying to gain by chainring all those parts?

The cooling system works like a champ and in my opinion is very simple. Plus it’s reliable and if it fails it fails to fan on so you will keep cooling even if you have a failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeJrTheBarber

I am in process of adding a 2500CFM Spal electric fan to aid in cooling on my M998. Will be used as a "pusher" style to keep air moving thru the coolers when the truck is at a standstill. I am leaving the stock fan setup and Cadillac valve in place cause they work fine, but I feel the added fan will help keep it alittle cooler.

papakb

You have a couple of options to change the system. Flex-a-lite makes a 24v variable speed fan controller but you have to contact them for the number because it wasn't in the catalog. Couple that to a 24v fan and mount it below the radiator and you've got a system that works well and doesn't show. You can leave the original system in place but it will never come on and suck power. The other option is the viscous coupling mentioned above. You have to cut off the lugs to make it work and if you put a short section of 1/2" conduit in the center hole it keeps the coupler and water pump centered to each other.

sue

A bunch of H1s use “viscous” fans with soccer
moms driving them in city traffic and A/C turned
up and they work fine?