• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you tell a Encore from a M151

Lindsaym151

Going to look at a SUSPECT M151A-2 this week, Dosent look Just right.Funky looking front fenders,Squared off and drop down for larger signal lights.Has a Authentic Data plate!
I have owned an A-1 before.
The price is defenetly RIGHT, and im going to use it as a MOTOR POOL RESTO for trail riding!
Whats it worth? (If it's a Encore) Running Driving Stopping
Any help would be greatly appreciated
THX
Lindsay

cobra5

Encores were made from heavier gauge steel. Also if what you are looking to buy is advertised as a M151-A2 the definete give away on appearance for an original A-2 will be the front fenders. The fenders will be dished for the turn signals on an original A-2. An Encore front fenders will be flat like an A-1 but will have A-2 sized front turn signals mounted on them. It's best to post a photo when you ask a question like this, especially if you want an opinion on value whether it's an original A-2 or an Encore.

Lindsaym151

Hey Cobra, Only have 3 "oider cell phone pics" not to clear. I will try to post,they are mixed in with some other photos i downloaded at the same time.
I stayed up late and did a ton of research. I know now to look underneath, Smooth bottom , Rear bumperetts are wider spaced,. An encore will also have a tail gate. Firewall in engine compartment will be smooth.
The price is defenetly GREAT(4500 to start). I figure for a running,stopping steering truck how can you go wrong at that price. Plus its withen an hour of the house.

Attachments

cobra5

Linsay,

Looks as if you figured out the differences, I was just gave you the one visual. I know many guys who own original M151's that would like to own an Encore to use as a daily driver and trail jeep. The bodys are thicker gauge, better built and you don't risk beating up an original jeep. I think 4500 is a good price as long as its not beat up and truely does run, stop, and drive. Good luck I hope the deal turns out well for you.

chvss65

I found these, I hope it helps.
Thats my Encore on the far right lol,, I know that for sure,,,I stripped off that crappy tape,,,,
Encores also have a tailgate and without attachment points for pioneer equipmentm1511.jpg
Tape if off the right side in his pict,,, but still on the hood

Last edited:

Sarge0668

This is a 1999 encore 151. The only difference is the body. It is 7 inches wider and made stronger so it will not bend as A2 did. Every thing else is the same as any Army A2 jeep I drove while in the Army.

Attachments

Last edited:

vinhvinny

I am sorry but the post just above is not an Encore.

Encore has thicker steel, most are NOS parts and they have tailgate. All Encore's have A2 configuration and parts, except for the fenders has a1 look with a2 lights.

It also has smaller lights added.

I've owned an Encore, I know.

70665462_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

Captureqw345tbq3.JPG

Capture45654.jpg

70665482_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=10317269&convertTo=USD

This is a 1999 encore 151. The only difference is the body. It is 7 inches wider and made stronger so it will not bend as A2 did. Every thing else is the same as any Army A2 jeep I drove while in the Army.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks