• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how is the simplest check to Check generator 1 and generator 2 - M1009, 6.2 Diesel

Elektroman99

M1009, 6.2 Diesel - Check generator 1 and generator 2.

The indicator light of the "Generator 2" does not light up. But it also does not light up when I initiate the starting process of the M1009 by turning the ignition switch. Check light comes on before starting the engine. However, I know that when it gets power, the bulb in the dashboard / display is on.

OK, searching the internet I found the following video:

Now I wonder if there is a logical error test sequence here as well, from the TM? - Since I did not find one in the quick sighting. -

Then I wonder which devices / components I have to read / measure individually with current testers to get a clear statement about the functionality of the generators "1" and "2".

I can as seen in the YouTube video, each measure the batteries individually and together.
Then my question would be what value would I need to check on the generators and how?

So the question would be:
  • Is there to check the display lamp generator 2 a logical error test sequence gives from the TM?
  • What current values need to be measured at "not running" and at "running" engine (6.2 diesel) at the genea4rtoren "1" and "2" where to confirm that they are not defective?

Best regards

Elektroman99

Elektroman99

Dear SteelSoldier Community,

thanks Ray for the reference to your thread where you described the test. (y) :)
I'm still a little unsure, as I had lost track with the description and the pictures, where I have to check with the multimeter.
But if I understood correctly, I have to bridge the positive contact of the generator sensor cable, because this is responsible for the "activation" of the generator.

I had made myself once the trouble, and the components on a Word document registered. Here one could indicate now completely simply, how which must be bridged and where I would have to take off the voltage with the multimeter for testing.

I am aware, for people who have already done this 2 infinite times, it is simple and you have no more doubts, for me as a newcomer to the M1009 it is still something where I have unanswered questions, despite the good description of Ray.

Can anyone help here and if necessary can someone correctly adapt the WordFile to show steps 2 and 3 of the tests in Ray's description?

Best regards

Elektroman99

Elektroman99

OK, Thank you... I had already thought something like that, since the 24 V was completely missing.

Here are two threads describing the special features of the generators at CUCV. (...from this forum)

The first thread explains the standard wiring step by step.

The second thread refers to and explains the causes of faults and different analysis steps.

To my regret, you always have to search a bit in such "grown" forums until you find the helpful threads.
:unsure:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks