• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many gallons Behr paint for m35

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you may find more info under the Behr thread, but I did the under carriage using a spray gun and used 1/2 gal, so whole truck I would say 2 max. Also depend on how you put it on, Spray, Brush!

Good Luck!

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so I was off! Sorry! I did the MASSTERS camo with a brush, so I was guessing! But I'm sure you'll get a good idea here soon!

my blood flows OD

I used 1 1/2 gal. To paint just my cab inside and out about 3-4 coats with the harbor fraight gun.
i was painting O.D. over fire truck yellow so it took a few coats to do a color change. I kept missing small hard to see spots and then having to repainted.

zanther

I'm most of the way through rolling on a second coat on my m35a2c, I'm at almost 2 gallons used so far and that's the exterior of the body only, ie not the underbody or underbed.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spray gun works a lot better than brush and I think looks better. Painting is easy, its all the prep work that takes time. It all depends how nice you want it to look. If you are going to do the whole truck on the outside, 2-3 gallons would be good. if you are doing 3 color camo, I would get 2 gallons of 383 green, one gallon of 383 brown and one gallon of 911 black. To be extra safe, you could get one more gallon of 383 green for a total of 5 gallons. I don't like running out mid project or feel like I have to cut quality coverage to save paint. That is just me though.

zanther

Agreed that spray definitely looks better, my choice was expediency as the fall brings the rains here in western WA as I want a fresh coat on the top for the winter rains.

@pigpen, I waited 3 days between coats, but that was primarily due to my available time to work on it rather than curing/hardness.

pigpen60

Figured I would buy one of those wagner paint guns. I'm leary of painting right now due to weather, but I would say the same thing if it was summer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks