• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many miles should I expect from an LDT 465

JRBAMATEX

I think that I have seen a post somewhere that said that these LDT465's in our deuces were only good for about 65K miles. This concerns me because my truck says it has 2K hours on it but the mileage is only about 20K. The speedometer adaptor was broken when I got it from GL. I have since replaced it so that works again. Someone told me that if my truck has 2K hours on it then I likely have about 60K miles on it. The engine runs great and I NEVER turn it over about 2250 RPM but I had always thought diesel engines were supposed to last forever. Or at least a long time, like say 200K miles.

Desert Rat

JR,
These engines will last your grandchildren's lifetime so long as everyone maintains them properly. They are a heavy-duty engine that will out-last most everything else.

Jones

There are documented cases of CTDs going a million plus miles without a major; and when I worked for the RR, if they didn't get about the same service out of the Detroits in the locomotives - heads in the rebuild department would roll. All diesels want/demand is clean air and fuel and no abuse. Treat them right and they'll outlast you.

JRBAMATEX

Thanks guys. This deuce thing has been a learning experience from the day I won the bid. I have learned more than I thought I wanted to know and now I can't seem to get enough new information. It's weird how addicting these things are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks