• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Many Ways Can I Disable a 939 Series 5-Ton?

sirlanceb

There are lots of threads on locking things up. What I want to do is disable my pretty new M925 which is soon to be left unattended down at the farm. I would like to make it as hard to steal as possible.

What I have done so far:

1. Locking Door Handles

2. Keyed Battery Disconnect Switch

3. Steering Wheel Chain and Lock

So any ideas on what else can be done that would make it difficult for an unauthorized dirt bag to take off with it, while still being relatively easy for me to fire it up and use it when I want to?

Specifically, how about pulling the Emergency Stop handle? Is that something that can easily be reset with the hood open while checking the oil? I know, the answer is in the TMs, but several of you guys [probably Ron] knows the answer off the top of your heads.

Ideas on a fuel shutoff perhaps, that can be installed without major modifications?

You guys are an ingenious bunch. Let's hear it.

Thanks!

BS
Where did you get locking door handles? I noticed mine will lock by pushing the inside handle down. I have no idea how you would get them unlocked if you are outside the truck.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get locking door handles? I noticed mine will lock by pushing the inside handle down. I have no idea how you would get them unlocked if you are outside the truck.
We found some really nice locking door handles from a guy who sells on Ebay. Great guy to deal with. If you search Postal Jeep you will find the high quality handles he sells. He advertises in sets of three but if you call him he will sell you a pair postage paid for $25 each.

We had to do minor modifications but they work well and look good.

Attachments

exryan

How about a Wylie Coyote style trap for any opportunistic thief... shotgun and string anyone? Load it with rock salt for less lethal purpose. [thumbzup]

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.50cal round thru the block? Best way is E stop disconnect, and hidden fuel shutoff. Be prepared to have the batteries stolen- maybe you should take those with you!:mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks