• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how much is it worth?

akeohan

How much is a 1969 5 Ton Kaiser truck without a bed worth. It's in good condition with a winch and cab heater, new tires. Paint looks good and its seams like an excellent truck but how much is it worth? Would $12,000 be to much? :?:

acetomatoco

Been buying the 800 series with real Cummins Diesels for about $4000 at the GL during the past few years... A multifuel cab and chassis.......maybe $3000....considering it has winch... ACE

lacoda56

$12000 is way too high for a multifuef 5 ton! With the heater, new tires, good paint, overall a clean truck I'd say $5 to $6000 would be a fair price, but then I'm cheap!

M1075

Yep, $12,000 is too much. I agree with the above estimates. Maybe $5000 - $8000, if in great condition. Post a pic if you can.

texas-5-ton

The tires and the winch are a big plus .These trucks are easy to find, you just have to know where to look. I saw your truck last night on Ebay and thought that it was a nice truck but $12K is alot. Hope that it works out for you.
Chad

M1075

Elwenil

Hmmm, it was bought by someone with the word "mom" in their name and with no previous history and an account 5 months old. Possibly someone just trying to raise the bid on their truck and it backfired. We'll know if it pops back up again.

akeohan

ya, I am near that truck and wanted to buy it, but as some of you said, it was on the high side. We will see if it pops up again, maybe he will sell it for a lower price.

Blythewoodjoe

What kind of wheels are one this truck. They don't look like combat wheels. Can you get wheels to mount these tire on for a 5 ton that are not combat rims but are tubeless?

Joe Trapp

M1075

Blythewoodjoe said:
What kind of wheels are one this truck. They don't look like combat wheels. Can you get wheels to mount these tire on for a 5 ton that are not combat rims but are tubeless?

Joe Trapp
Joe, I believe those are the old style HEMTT wheels. I think Rancher's Supply in Colorado has been using those on the trucks they sell. Normally you see them with an XL tread tire, not an XZL. I don't think they are tubeless, but I could be wrong.

http://www.ranchers-supplyco.com/