• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How on earth to you title/register one of these vehicles?

BRDM2nco

So I am super interested in bringing in a BRDM 2. Ive had my eye on tanksforsale. How do you go about titling and registering a vehicle like this? I dont plan on driving it too much, but boy would I love to take it out every now and again.

Malyutkaman

As far as Washington state goes it's just a matter of taking it to the state patrol for an inspection and then applying for a collector vehicle plate (I've done it with my Ferret and Fox). Or, what I do with the BRDM is get a trip permit whenever I want to drive it. The real problem is getting it imported. I've had my BRDM for about 10yrs. now so things may be easier but when I filled out the BATF paperwork it took over a year to get it approved with a final ok from the State Dept. due to the fact that it was an ex-communist block vehicle. When I finally got it approved the person from the BATF said it was the first privately owned vehicle of it's type in the US. As far as I know there are only two 9P122 tank destroyers in the country, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more. Definately a fun vehicle, would like to see more imported.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks