• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how rare and how much is a 170 worth

DeuceNewb

I have a friend who's uncle has had one parked under his car port for a few years and he finally is ready to sell it. I've been wanting one and was hoping to get a good deal. it's a 1955, hasn't run in a few years, no top, needs a windshield, and needs a gas tank. What's a fair offer to give him without lowballing?

wilfreeman

Condition and how complete it is are the main factors on price. Parts are getting EXPENSIVE. From your description, it could be a $500 or a $4,500 deal. If it is eaten up with rust and converted to a cj, $500. If you can spray it with starting fluid and it starts up, is all original and complete (except for what's listed), the higher end - all depends.

m38inmaine

The value in a M170 is if all the ambulance specific parts are still there, if not it's not worth more than any other old jeep.

FrankUSMC

I found one in 1987 that was 100% complete, to include the canvas. It was for sell for $1500. I wanted it so bad, but I had orders, and 3 other military vehicles to move over to my new duty station.........the guy sold it to a lawn service guy, who was going to strip it down to carry lawn mowers in the back.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

jeepsguy

The passenger seat for the M170 is the "holy grail" of jeep parts. Also on the scarce list are the driver's seat, the gas tank, the windshield frame, the spare tire bracket and the upper litter hanging parts. Also, the rear litter support brackets have usually been cut off. There's a guy in GA who sometimes has M170 bits on EBAY. I think he has access to a scrap yard near the Albany, GA USMC depot. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks