• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to identiy an LDS-465?????

Hello forum, I've been looking to add an M35 to what my wife affectionately calls my "used car lot". Several sellers that I've contacted provide pictures of te engine but don't get around to providing the engine data plate information. Knowing what the LDS engine looks like will help alot. Thanks, Michael.

Joe, I wish it were that easy. You'd think that a seller would be more than willing to provide a picture etc. but in several cases they never "got around to it". Perhaps its s sign that they aren't worth doing business with.

I though that they'd be significantly and noticably different as I read this post http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/02-01/0344.html which refers to the LDS-465 as "turbosupercharged" engine. Though in http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/01-03/0811.html it says that the LDS-465 has a larer turbo as well as other internal changes.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the exterior they both look the same. Some of the LDS engines have a gated turbo. LDTs are turbocharged too. Most deuces you find will not have the LDS but a few do have it. Most of the time if the military installed it, it was detuned. Odds are minimal that you'll find the LDS in a deuce.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an LDS in my backyard for a few years and its turbo was gated and much larger than the "normal" deuce engine turbos. To operate to capacity, it should have a larger air filter also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks