• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove MEP-002a from tailer

coyotegray

How to remove MEP-002a generator or simular item from M101 type trailer without the use of crane, fork lift, etc..

Items needed.
1. 1 ton come along
2. chain, etc...
3. tall support, Tall high lift jack, correct length 4X4, etc.
4. Small ratchet strap or chain.

1. Set parking breaks, chock wheels, etc..
2. Remove all mounting bolts, grounding cables, etc.
3. position generator so its center of gravity (Lifting eye) is centered on the axel of the trailer.
4. secure generator to lunette using chain and come along. Ensure all slack is taken up.
5. tilt trailer. Weight of generator is now supported by the come along.
6. support trailer with high lift jack, 4X4, etc to take weight once generator is removed.
7. secure support with ratchet strap, chain, etc.
8. Open tailgate.
9. Slowly lower generator with come along.
10. Once generator stops moving, wiggle trailer to get it to move a little more until it's weight is supported..
11. Remove chain and come along and secure chain and come along to fence post, vehicle, etc and generator.
12. drag generator the rest of the way out of the trailer.
13. While having someone take the weight of the trailer, very carefully remove support from trailer and lower.

To load, reverse process........

Attachments

Last edited:

ichudov

Thats nice, but I just needed it out of the trailer while I modify it and a lift with casters like that would have sunk into the ground...
Just two 4x4s would have prevented that sinking.

I have a similar, non-folding crane, and I use it quite often. Most harbor freight stuff is utter junk, but not my crane.

i

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks