• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How To Repair HMMWV EESS S3

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the exact same issue with my nartron smart start box even after new plugs. Wait light turns off and its still sending 24v to the plugs and never out of the yellow. I hear the clunk turn off when turn off the vehicle. Any suggestions?
Your box is bad…24v for 9 seconds, after glow last 2mins, an S3 smart start sends a constant 5VDC for 2mins, previous start boxes pulsed 24volts for 2mins. If you have 24v after wait light? Your new plugs are now smoked.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
There's a good chance plugs are toast. Just replacing them and could have more toast. These cold mornings coming up and there will be a lot of toast on the HumV table.

Other choices are pancakes, waffles or a muffin.

Make the call, CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Seems like the perfect time

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS forums, there is very little component level information on these because there are so many different manufacturers/models and they were never intended to be repaired just replaced, there are certainly many other components bad including that MOSFET that has a big hole in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks