• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to safely throw a perfectly good 5 ton truck out of a plane

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

canadacountry

first url already not working anymore but second one is just fine just fyi, interesting TM thats for sure (and i'm not too surprised at the use of an "offloading" platform as i didn't think the leaf springs would had liked the full shock of a drop being directly applied to them after all, right?)

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago, at a Military Appreciation Day held at the Yuma Proving Grounds, they were going to demonstrate a LAPES, or low altitude pallet extraction of an M113 APC from the back of a C-130.

This in front of full grandstands...

All was fine and well as the plane was about 3 ft off the ground, and the chute was pulling the pallet out the back. Then the pallet stuck, about half-way out. This caused the loss of airspeed, with the result being the Hercules went bouncing down the runway. The pilot turned up the throttles, and she made airborne again and landed on another strip OK.

Afterwards we heard the loadmaster was banged up a bit, as when the speed dropped quickly, he rolled all the way up to the front bulkhead.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is probably a reason it is producing hits on anti-virus. I would not go to the link but maybe I don't know what I'm doing. ;)

Activity related to SMOKELOADER - according to source Cluster25 - 4 months ago

This DOMAIN is used by SMOKELOADER

MC-000150-MW: Indicators of Compromise Associated with Hive Ransomware - according to source ArcSight Threat Intelligence - 4 months ago

Created On: 2016:07:26 14:39:02 VirusTotal Link: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/doma...33caecd5915bd0fbbf901a5115a9badf833/detection Classification Description: Legitimate website which does not serve any malicious purpose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks