• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to tell a MUTTs age? (A2)

progun

My first one had the VIN painted under the hood which had the date in it. It is a '71 Ford. The second one has AM General on the valve cover. No other tags or numbers. The third one has a different bumper (straight) and no label on the valve cover or anywhere else. Any other factors that I can use to determine age? Thanks

m816

I found the vin # on the trans tunnel. drivers side between the gas pedal and the drivers seat. You night have to move the fuel and breather lines and then feel for it. It's under a clip that holds the lines to the side of the tunnel. This was for an a2 There is also a tag on the trans itself. accessed when you remove the top panel

progun

I got with Muttguru and found out that number two is probably a '77 and the third one is a '79. That's what I am going with. Thanks