• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huey parts

snuffy

I have the cab/cockpit for a Vietnam era Huey. It's stripped and in rough shape, but I thought it would make a neat treehouse for my grandchildren. But as of late I got to thinking it would be fun to find missing body parts, put in on a trailer, and tow it to airshows and such for Veterans and their kids to enjoy. It would be a lot less stress than driving my M37 at a speedy 47 mph.

All this to say, if there's any parts out there I'd like to see if I can afford them! non flight worth rotor, plexiglass, shot engine, rear rotor/prop, doors, all body aluminum except cab, bad gauges. etc., etc., etc.,

Will be for static display only.....no dreams of running.

This is probably going to be much more than I want to tackle, but time will tell.

Thanks,
Mike (snuffy)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it would be a cool project! But, as you might expect, you are dealing in aircraft parts. New and good used ones bring a small fortune. Finding worn out ones might be a challenge, they tend to get scrapped right away.

I'm sure one or two of our members have parts for you, or know of plane junkyards out west that might help you out....

Build a UH-1 for display for our Military Vehicle Preservation Association Chapter here in Texas. Looking for tail boom rotor motor and/or blades. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks