• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huge tires......tire pressure?

BillIdaho

I just had Goodyear 16.00x20's mounted on my M54. It doesn't wander from lane to lane as I was told it would, however it bounces pretty bad. What tire pressure should I start with? And can I guess changing it in 5 pound increments would make a noticable difference?
And how do I stop the nosebleed every time I climb up into it?
And talk about speedometer error........

emr

I do 20 # about incraments, and the 50 is the way to start, as for the pressure on the tires remember it says MAX LOAD tire pressure and that is exactly what it means !! and they are so over kill for that truck U have to just think it thru, why would they drift? I am not understanding the thought behind that? Maybe if U had bent rims? but im sure U do not, and they will go straght and tru, as long as your front end is tight.

Alredneck

Banned
nopics I got a buddy Woodywood doing the same to his M54! I hope you got plenty of diesel! GULP!!!!!!

B3.3T

emr, in my limited experience, drifting occurs with way too much pressure. It causes the tire to run only on the narrow center part of the tread and just drifts around. I had this on 14x20 ND bar grip tires.

hoopsoft

50 eh, I just put 1600 on the m816 and I started with 75, it bounces some but after a few miles seems to get better. Haven't had it on the road for any kind of distance though.

[I have a M54A2 with 1600 tires. Started at 75 psi drove fine but felt every crack in the road. Went to 45 psi in the rear an 55 psi in the front(have a 45000 pound winch on the front} drives great much softer ride. I run 34 psi in the front and 25 psi in the rear out on the beach{ see pic}.

Attachments

Ironclad

Originally, the tires on my bobbed M52A2 were 90 psi all around. I changed it to 55 lbs in my front tires and 50 in my rear tires (see avatar). The drifting and bouncing has diminished noticeably.

Good luck!

alphadeltaromeo

[I have a M54A2 with 1600 tires. Started at 75 psi drove fine but felt every crack in the road. Went to 45 psi in the rear an 55 psi in the front(have a 45000 pound winch on the front} drives great much softer ride. I run 34 psi in the front and 25 psi in the rear out on the beach{ see pic}.
Great looking MV!

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks