• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Fan Fighting with Thermostat? (almost always on but temps are good)

Kevin Donahue

FYI, stuck a new gauge in her and temps seems to read relatively normal now. Runs about 210 - 220 which I think is what it was reading when I started this whole thread and before I replaced a bunch of parts because I thought that was too high *sigh*.

As Retiredwarhorses mentioned A2 trucks run in that range and its fine for these engines. Now with the cooler temps fan comes on a lot less as well.
Couldn't hurt to stick some new parts in it anyways I suppose but happy regardless its running normal from what I can tell.

Thumper580

FYI, stuck a new gauge in her and temps seems to read relatively normal now. Runs about 210 - 220 which I think is what it was reading when I started this whole thread and before I replaced a bunch of parts because I thought that was too high *sigh*.

As Retiredwarhorses mentioned A2 trucks run in that range and its fine for these engines. Now with the cooler temps fan comes on a lot less as well.
Couldn't hurt to stick some new parts in it anyways I suppose but happy regardless its running normal from what I can tell.
I like new parts..... It's like Christmas on the front porch:D.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks