• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee m998 start problems after installing a plug and play ignition switch

NormB

Welp, NOT the neutral switch. NOT the battery cables. NOT something left loose nor the ground wire harness misapplied.

It's the STARTER switch. Doing circuit tracing and looked at the back of the switch where one of the wires plugged in is cracked. The rubber plug is. Jiggled the plug, twisted the starter, fired right up. Ran it for about an hour to charge up the batteries.

Have a replacement (keyed) ignition switch. Looks like I know what my NEXT thing I'm doing on the HMMWV will be. And the work of unplugging wires, cleaning contacts and putting on DEOXIT proceeds apace.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Norm

Wahoo777

Have a m998 with similar prob...I think I have a solenoid prob to the glow plug..wait light won't stay on .... willl start on warm days...and had loose battery connection at delivery...?????where to start?

Wahoo777

Getting a click and no wait light for glow plug..... had issues with loose battery connection upon arriving...any insight.... hard to start when cold fuel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks