• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee third brake lights ? Options ? What have you done ?

JoeJrTheBarber

In process of having a solid back "curtain" or wall made up for my 1988 M998 and am thinking about third brake light options.
The more brake lights the truck has will greatly help my chances of Chicago drivers not ending up underneath the back of my truck while they are texting.

I def. want to keep it as military / factory looking as possible whatever I end up doing. Think the easy route would to be to purchase another (2-3) factory marker lights and mount them up high / center on the back curtain and wire them up to come on with the brakes. Was also thinking about getting a aftermarket LED strip and building some sort of "enclosure" for it to give off a military look and make it not so generic looking just bolted to the back wall.
Another idea was to get some military Uv light housings and replace the guts with LED's ? Buy a factory / OEM third brake light say offa F-150 and work that in somehow ?

Has anyone added a third brake light to their trucks ? if so post up what ya did please...

Action

These are not brake lights, but are on the H1. You could wire them up to brakes.
The grey H1 doesn't look like original lights, but the location is what I am showing.

thumb_cfc23ef7c0dc412c257bc21d9f725135x.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

JoeJrTheBarber

I have already swapped out the "stock" tail lights for LED units. What I am looking for is to get something mounted up high (say above where the doors close on the truck above) that doesn't look hokey or just bolted on. And yes, you are right that any light can be wired to act as a brake light.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, forget about the third brake light. Get an airlift bumper on there and let the texters eat that!

Perk
That is actually one of the reasons I like the airlift, tire carrier, pintle hitch extension and the mwo reinforcement plate on mine. I "feel" better knowing I have some steel behind me and not just aluminum :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks