• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydra-matic rebuild kits

DUUANE

I found this site and sent him an email regarding our dual range hydra-matics. He replied quickly and said he could supply rebuild kits.

I thought it may be usefull to us as ive read that parts are drying up. When i get mine out i may go through it and pack it up..or pass it on to a member that needs one, i guess itll rest on the need.
Not sure what the admins want to do but heres the link.

http://www.charlietranny.com/

Im not affilliated with them..and as yet have not made a purchase.

Hope this helps someone.

Hummermark

Hi I had a us supplied hydromatic rebuild kit I got for a m24 Chaffee but a few gaskets did not fit same shape different hole spacing.
ended up getting several cutting molds made i.e. Valve cover,drive output housing

USMC 00-08

Does he have all the parts to rebuild the reduction unit? Some of the other suppliers have a hard time coming up with those.

yodraino

Hi I bought the parts for my transmission from a company called Fatsco they deal in antique transmission parts some of the gaskets weren't the greatest and I had to remake them. They also rent the tools to set the front and rear band. Hope this is helpful.

gentrysgarage

After staring at this transmission, I have been trying to find a schematic/cutaway of this transmission. All I have found is GM car trans, none with/of the reduction gear. Here is where I am going...

It is true these transmissions were strong, I had the remnants of a 1965 GTO that had a alky hilborn injected 410 (started as a 389) with a Hydromatic trans that was running high nines in the late sixties till a HARD launch ripped the upper control arm mount out! These trans are tough, so if you wanted to run a hoped up 302 or bigger engine could you flip the reduction gear and make it an overdrive? You would need more torque for takeoff. This is just benchracing as I have no clue as to whats inside the reduction gear housing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks