• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Manifold Valve Knob

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did some searching but cannot find how to get the selector knob off of one of my Valves, it seems it has a slow drip and from what I've seen I need to get the knob off to get at a small o-ring in the valve assembly. With the huge price markup on items for these trucks, I don't want to break the knob that will prob cost 100 or more to replace it

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did some searching but cannot find how to get the selector knob off of one of my Valves, it seems it has a slow drip and from what I've seen I need to get the knob off to get at a small o-ring in the valve assembly. With the huge price markup on items for these trucks, I don't want to break the knob that will prob cost 100 or more to replace it

Thanks in advance
You might look in the TM, Parts in particular...
I extracted two pages that might be useful.

There is a WAD of O-Rings in those little selector valves.

There is another source of information - written in regular english - that might also help.
Search for "Air / Hydraulic Unit Repair"

And, if you want the part numbers for O-Rings and Backer Rings, click to expand:
20220705 LMTV O-Rings for CabJack.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks but there is still nothing on taking the selector valve off to replace the small oring, on the inside of the valve ( suspected culprit ). Looks like there is a pin under the selector valve that holds the valve together

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks but there is still nothing on taking the selector valve off to replace the small oring, on the inside of the valve ( suspected culprit ). Looks like there is a pin under the selector valve that holds the valve together
You asked about taking the knob off. that is what the video shows. After you get the valve out its just orings and backing rings. I replaced mine to learn that it was just 2 wornout and was cheaper in the end to replace the whole unit. which is a lot of fun . saved the old unit for parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks