• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic motor: What is it off of?? It's certainly mil surplus.

JH1

Found this surplus hydraulic motor. It's not a pump. The inlet and outlet are identical. It's a gear motor. But, from what?? It has two bleed ports in the lines as well as a case drain in the back. No tags at all. Want to use it for a winch, but need to figure out the model, so I can look up specs. Anyone recognize it? It has a 1.25-14 male involute spline shaft. Thanks.
Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

JH1

It just might be the hydraulic motor on the M916 (or above) rear winch. Can't really tell. I don't have good pictures of them. Anyone?

swinters

There should be a manufacturers code and part number on it. Hoses should too (normally a metal tag on the hose). If you can post that it's generally easy to link to what it goes on, especially the hoses. The motor may have multiple applications but the hoses are usually specific to one end item so will probably provide the quickest link.

JH1

Well, the two lines feeding it are the same size, which is typical of a hydraulic motor, not a pump. Pumps usually have a large, low pressure intake and a smaller, high pressure output. I tracked down the manufacturer, and they said that the extra, small hydraulic line is a case vent. It's used to dispose of oil that would otherwise billow out the seals, I think. It gets routed back to the reservoir. There are two little bleed points on the external lines, too. Still no idea what it's off of, but from the specs, it should drive my deuce winch just fine. Thanks, gents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks