• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydraulic pump issue

cjacksoncpa

Ok,
Today I pulled the hydraulic pump, cleaned and replaced the gaskets and seals like previous posts. After a got everything hooked back up it not only didn't work the backup pump stopped working also. I cleaned the resevior too. It was nasty with a fat like substance in the bottom.
Just to preimpt any responses. I hooked it up the same way it was hooked up to begin with. I did not reverse the inner gasket.
qustions:
How due I know which hose is the correct hose?
Why would anything I did effect the secondary pump?
Did I create an air lock when I disconnected the hoses?
How do I fix it?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
May be air bound. If you accidentally reversed the feed and return lines then the system won't work. I think the manual pump needs fluid to work it won't self prime.

scottmandu

If you are talking about the air powered hydraulic pump for the cab tilt, spare tire hoist and the suspension compression system, keep in mind the parking brake has to be set to use that system.

cjacksoncpa

I want to say I was certain that it was set but I will check tomorrow because I have about four hours to work on the truck. I am going to pull apart the pump again just to confirm that I did everything correctly. Then I will try tracing the lines and switching the lines to see if that works. I will be taking the parts TM with diagrams this time so I can reference if needed. Beyond that I will try loosening the lines so they can bleed.

cjacksoncpa

Fixed Hydraulic pump issue

Well I took the hydraulic pump back apart to confirm the proper installation of by rebuild parts and looked at the level of hydraulic fluid. I added some more since all the air parts are above the plate and success!! Now on to my CTIS five flashing lights problem. Does anyone know of a source for the pressure sensor part number 12417381 and connector?(I can’t find the part number for this one)I tested them per the TM’s and didn’t get continuity for either. The P83 connecter is missing the metal sleeve for pin C.

Attachments

cjacksoncpa

How do I do that. I looked at the governor but not sure were to adjust. I unscrewed the cap and there was a bolt with a nut on it but wasn't sure if that was it.
I have been searching the TMs but I haven't found the governor adjustment process yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Take the plastic cap off. Nut locks the threaded rod. Break nut free just a tad. I think counter clockwise increases pressure. Can't quite remember. Small adjustments make a big difference. I would start with 1/4 turn. Post a pic of what pin is missing on your wiring.

cjacksoncpa

Thanks suprman! Give me a couple of days to get back over to work on it and I will take a picture of the P83 connector. I can see metal around the female holes on the A connector and the B connector but the third hole which I think is the C.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks