• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydro valve install problem

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi there has anyone run into this problem installing a winch on my 923a2 everything came off an 932a2 the bracket for the hydro valve doesnt fit in the holes my top hole is 4 1/8" down from bottom of frame rail.ill put up some pics later but even the bracket for the cable seems to be wrong too. I have the large battery box on that side are those brackets different? can someone else measure from the bottom of the frame rail to there top bolt on the valve bracket thank you

Ddmk18

I would say it has to do with battery box brackets as they are longer coming down to accommodate for the bigger battery box. The easiest thing would probably be modify the valve bracket to work or fab up a new one to mount the valve because I don't think the hoses will give enough to move the valve down lower.

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is exactly the problem I. can make a new bracket but my holes are 4 1/8" down from bottom of frame rail. how far from the bottom of the frame rails are the other holes so I can drill new holes and mount the valve in the correct place.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a done a number of battery box installs and (per TM) you have to drill new holes in the valve mounting plate. The need to be 2.2" higher then the stock holes. The mounting plate should bolt up to the bracket for the battery box ok.
Yes the brackets are longer (lower) then the stock ones.

Last edited:

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK thank you I think I got it but want to make sure I'm on the same page so please don't think I'm an idiot. So drill the holes 2.2 inches higher than the holes on the bracket on the truck because 2.2 inches on the valve bracket won't work the bracket isn't long enough plus the bracket curves at the bottom so I will have to cut that piece off.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The valve plate should fit on the bracket leg with out drilling. The bottom part of the plate goes under the bracket.
You should have room to drill 2.2 up from the three old holes.
Then you will have to drill for the cable mount.
I am headed out the door right now, but when I get back I will take some pics for you of how it looks.

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pics and info is that setup on an m936a2 because my brackets are different here are some pis of what i did. and just some pics for my winch install progress 2015-10-06_17-22-50_987.jpg2015-10-06_17-23-10_536.jpg2015-10-06_17-23-34_9.jpg2015-10-06_17-23-47_170.jpg2015-10-06_17-24-17_242.jpg2015-10-06_17-25-26_761.jpg

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cut my valve bracket and lengthen it 3 1/2" so it would still wrap around the bottom. In my last pic does the cable for the valve mount in front or behind that bar? i think the other cable is right running behind but not sure if anyone has a pic that would be great

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You look like you got her mounted and should work great. The pics I sent or on my M936, M932A2 has the same mounts.
I do not remember about the cables, I think they both go on the back side of the bar, but not sure. Just line them up to the levers.
Good luck!!!

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the mount looked like one that i saw on a 936? I should have it going this weekend hope everything works. thank you for the pics and your help I appreciate it.

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished my winch and level wind install on my m923a2! thank you to everyone for all the help. I was a little disappointed when i put the tensioner on i had to remove the side guards that wrap under the front roller. Is there anyway those go back on?2015-10-14_17-50-50_577.jpg2015-10-14_17-50-28_44.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks