• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydroboost brakes?

thmpr

Wow ... unanswered 2010 conversation. Same question here. Wondering if a hydroboost unit would fit underfloor to retain stock brake pedal location instead of switching to hanging pedals. Hydroboosts are no taller than a typical master cylinder and the compensator hangs below. I believe the units can even be clocked as needed for clearances. The frame rail may be in the way of the compesator unless able to find a left drop compesator or rotate out of the way. Way more line pressure than vacuum assist. Might have to pick up a used Astrovan unit for cheap and play with possibilities.

just me

I have seen a Hydrovac unit mounted under the drivers seat and piped through the floor. Around here at least, good ones are hard to come up with.

SturmTyger380

thmpr

I'm asking about a newer Hydroboost system which is smaller and far superior than Hydrovac and other can vacuum boosters. It can produce up to 2,000 pounds boost which would be handy on my 7,100 pound M152. It runs off the power steering pump (which I have) - no vacuum involved. The units are no larger than a typical master cylinder and may be able to fit easily under the floor and retain use of the original brake pedal. Just replace the master cylinder with the Hydroboost unit and add a new dual circuit master behind the Hydroboost. Run two high pressure lines and one low pressure return line to a remote reservoir. Someone must have done this?

Last edited:

thmpr

Just installed hydroboost and new, huge, JF9 10,000 pound gvw master cylinder and hydraulic clutch master under the floor using existing pedals. Easy Peasy! Pedals are closer to the floor and align with throttle pedal for more leg room and better feel. Adding an adjustable Wilwood compensator to the rear brake line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks