• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydromatic problems

badgmc56

I have installed a rebuilt hydromatic with a reb-shift kit in my M-211 from Memphis equip. The installation went flawless but I have no hi-range.Low-range is good and reb-shift kit shifts it well. Reverse is also good but will not move in high-range. All the linkage is good and bands are adjusted correctly.When shifting into high-range, it feels like it goes in a little but will not move the truck.The tech at Memphis said it could be a valve or passage plugged up from sitting in my garage for almost a year but could not direct me to a specific area in the tranny to look. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

pa.rich

Did you drive it in high range just before you did the installation? Were there good instructions with the kit? Just trying to think this out. I dont have an reb kit on my M211.Possibly an automatic tranny expert could give you a suggestion? Can you take pictures of it?Are you sure the linkage isnt out of adjustment? I dont know what is involved in putting a kit on it. Just trying to help. I would have someone put shift in to the high range while you are underneath the truck, with it turned off of course and see what the linkage is doing. Thats my best guess. Something to do with the shifter linkage. Do you have the manual on the truck? The manual tells alot about adjustments, to linkages and says it could be a bad reduction unit/ Is the oil level just right? After refilling it says to put it in high range drive with brake on and idle for five minutes then recheck the dipstick.After doing this, it should take 4 more quarts , using approximately 16 quarts. It says to use the dipstick as your final determination of correct oil level. Not to go by the aprox. amount of quarts.At this time it should be filled to the cold full mark on the stick. Then idle truck until engine is up to full temp and trans up to temp. Recheck stick and adjust level to "full hot". I am no tranny expert, just quoting from the manual a few simple things to try in case you dont have the manual. Let me know how it works out.

APM215

Sounds like the Hi/Lo unit on the back of the transmission is out of adjustment.
I had this happen to me once it was not hard to fix.
If your transmission is working fine in Lo then there is nothing wrong with It.
Thees transmissions are a two piece setup. Trany+ Hi/Lo bolted to the back of it.
There is a linkage on the top of the transmission near the back. Try unhooking it and moving it by hand to hi range.

Best of Luck

Andrew.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks