• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i.d. these markings

Chief_919

3rd Armored Division Field Artillery.

If the right says "HB54" that would be Headquarters Battery, truck # 54. There was no set number scheme army wide then, but most commonly trucks in the 50's would be the HQ section or the maintenance section.

Wolf.Dose

To my information the 50 numbers were in use for the communiction platoons. So I think this truck was truck number 4 in the communication platoon and therefore carrying a radio shelter.
These markings were on the front and the rear bumper, definetely! Your colour scematic shows that it must be from the very late 70's or early 80's. From the later 80's they have been relaced by the CUCV series trucks. The basic coulor scematic did not change for the CUCV series trucks, bumper marks painted on a "sand" colour base. Destert Storm made the next modifications.
Wolf

Taurus454

Concur. Belonged to 3rd Armored Division Artillery. Vehicle was Headquarters and Headquarters Battery #54. In case anyone was wondering, there are no more DIVARTY's in divisions anymore. They have Brigade Combat Teams (BCT's) in a division now. Each BCT has an FA battery attached to it for Direct Support (DS).

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks