• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just saw a ton of Sherman/Stewart sprockets in Ohio...

waayfast

Matt,
Cool! a Rat Rod Cletrac.

I was looking at Bing images for Cletrac M2 and ran across photos of what I assume is a Russian Museum. Had a few pics of Russian vehicles and text was in Cyrillic.

In another pic was a Cletrac!! That got me to wondering if any Cletrac M2 tractors got sent to Russia via the Lend-Lease program. Other than this one photo, I have never seen any indications that Russia ended up with any. Did a little research about Lend- Lease but found nothing about the Cletrac. Have you ever ran across info on Cletracs to Russia?

Jim

waayfast

Matt,

I clicked on a link on that Russian Cletrac pic and got more info.

It seems that Cletrac is in the GBUK Military Technical Museum in Chernogolovka, about 35 miles north East of Moscow.

So it appears they ended up with at least one!

Jim

It wouldn't surprise me if they did get some - but I would think if it ended up in outside Moscow that they would've come from the Western Front not the Pacific side... but who knows - certainly interesting to see where all this stuff ended up...