• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need help locating a specific part-

spicergear

I'm posting this in the '5-ton and up' forum because these parts were originally on an M977 HEMTT.

My problem is this: at some point the rack of valves that operates the M977's Grove crane must have been dropped and three of the four lower 'caps' that the hydraulic valves handles rotate in had hair-line cracks in them...but the crane worked, just pissed out oil at pressure. I took them to a supposed good welder and told him to TIG them, not do more than one if the first didn't work, and he said he could get right on them.

Well, 5 weeks and change later he forgets the specifics of our conversation...MIG's them, piles on the material, and just flippin' destroys them. -see pic-

This has been a while now and I've been trying with the help of some others to find these three parts but none have turned up. Grove want's a small fortune for them and I can't quite swallow that price yet.

Grove's part number is this: 9-926-104080 and lists it as 'CAP' and includes a couple other PN's which are bolts and o-rings.

I've found PN: 9-926-104081 on a military part hotline but that's as close as I've gotten and doesn't help me a bit.

Help procuring these items is VERY much appreciated!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne Harris!!! Wasn't there a yard in GA you came across that had at least one grove crane?

papercu

part

I couldn't find any info for your part numbers.
I think the one I saw was more like Cranetruck than this one.
Have you checked with any logging outfits? There was a bunch showing up around here burnt a while back. No money to pay the note so they caught fire and the insurance paid off. Wayne

spicergear

RE: part

I have the Grove version of that which has everything exploded on one page...

Okay- Page 8, 10 & 11 on the PDF are the valves that I have the damaged end part. Part Numbers 7,8,9,10, & 11 are all around the part that I need...that doesn't have a part number listed.

Page 8 shows the same valve for the two center positions. Crane Mast & Outrigger control.
Page 10 shows the outer left hand contol valve. LH Outrigger
Page 11 shows the outer right hand control valve. RH Outrigger

papercu

parts

The reason for no item number on the part you want is because they don't sell just that part (at least to the government) if you need it, you have to get the whole assy.
O.K Here is what I have, this is for the M977 you have the part numbers and NSN I've included the vendor and Govt cost.
You can also enter these numbers on G/L and wait for them to go on auction and hope to buy them that way. Or you can try http://www.partslogistics.com/demo/search-nsn?criteria=4820-01-193-6793&x=15&y=11 I've never used them but the website say you can buy a report from them and it will give you a list of supplier that has them in stock. Disclaimer: While I believe this info to be true, mistakes can happen so before you put any money out, be sure you check your own resources. Good luck, Wayne

Fig 357 Item 1 p/n 85563-01 NSN 4820-01-193-6793 Valve,Linear, Direct ...................... 3 ea.
Govt cost 679.00
Co.Name PARKER HANNIFIN CORPORATION
DBA HYDRAULIC VALVE DIV DIV HYDRAULIC VALVE DIVISION
Address 520 TERNES LN
City /State /Zip ELYRIA, OH 44035-6252
Country UNITED STATES
Phone 440-366-1291
Fax 440-366-5253
Co.Name OSHKOSH TRUCK CORP
DIV OSHKOSH TRUCK CORP
Address 2307 OREGON ST
City /State /Zip OSHKOSH, WI 54902-7062
Country UNITED STATES
Phone 920-235-9151
Fax 920-233-9322

Fig 359 item 1 p/n 85562-02 NSN 4820-01-193-1870 Valve,Linear, Direct ...................... 1 ea
Govt cost 586.00
Same vendor as the above plus
Co.Name WHEELER BROS. INC.
Address 384 DRUM AVE
City /State /Zip SOMERSET, PA 15501-3400
Country UNITED STATES
Phone 814-443-7000
Fax 814-443-7100

Fig 360 Item 1 p/n 85563-02 NSN 4820-01-193-1869 Valve,Linear, Direct ...................... 1 ea
Govt cost 772.00
Same Vender as the first one.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: parts

man i seen better welding on popcycle stick. sorry he made a mess. thinking that he really didnt want to mess with it and let a hand do it on his lunch break. or in the afternoon after a few brews Tim

spicergear

PAPERCU- Thank you! I've been on G/L tring to find stuff w/no luck. Rolled the dice and bought the information for the three different P/N parts I need from that other place. I tried the Grove P/N's on that site in all different ways but couldn't get anything to work with them. Grove will sell the end caps seperately but for nerly the Gov cost of the whole valve. b*stards. I'll let you know what I find out when I get the 'reports.'

Yeah, and I have no paperwork or anything from him so there's no real chance of recourse. He acted like he did me a favor by not charging me...prolly saved himself--

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Tom, is there no chance a machine shop could bring them back? Looks like enough material is there.

Elwenil

Or possibly use some of the remaining ones that are in good shape and have a machine shop (or yourself) duplicate them?

spicergear

Rob, ther're pretty much fubar'ed. One... *maybe,* and only possibly maybe.

Clem, that's the last rung is having new ones made and I've already spoken to several folks about that-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks