• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Need help near Stockton CA.

micky

So my brother and I tried to drive an M35 from San Diego to Seattle. Things were going fine and our timing was perfect to miss the flooding when the injection pump failed and the motor ran away, I didn't know it could that. I managed to cut across 3 lanes of I-5 rush hour traffic to the shoulder without killing anyone but we were not prepared for this problem and had to store the vehicle just south of Stockton in a town called Lathrop. I would ask if anyone has an answer to my problem of who to contact for transport. All my vacation time is gone so it will be a while before I could get down there for repairs and drive it home so I think transport is my only option.
Thanks for any help. Mick

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did you damage the motor or can it be fixed with a new injector pump? It would probably be cheaper to get another pump and put it on then drive it home, versus having it towed. If your throttle spring came off or broke, the engine would go full throttle with the weight of the "gas" pedal falling to the floor. I 'm sure you probably checked all these things but had to throw them out there. If you were closer I could help but stockton is about 4hrs north of me. I got quotes to have a duece towed 50 miles and it was about $400, just to give you an idea.

micky

The problem is in the pump. We could see all the linkage including the rod into the pump working. I was using the throttle as a cruise control and when traffic got bad I pushed it in but it did not slow down. Lesson learned. The big issue is time to go get it, of coarse money will be the deciding factor. Thanks for your thoughts. Mick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks