• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need some engine mount replacement instruction.

I have read some threads about replacing engine mounts one at a time by jacking up the oil pan. Can someone give me a step by step on this process? Ive heard stories about the motor shifting backward, etc... I just want to avoid problems the first time.

Cucvnut

Have you looked at the TM yet ? you can just do one side at a time. take out one bolt then lift up that side swap in the new mount and lower the engine back down and do the other side.

Barrman

Change out the lift pump while you are down there and making more room to get to it.

Another option is to use an engine hoist and pick up one side at a time instead of jacking up. However you are more comfortable.

I apologize. I was under the impression that The 34 tm only detailed the process assuming the engine was completely removed. It does however not reccomend lifting it from underneath. I plan to pad the lowest point of my oil pan with a 2x6, then very slightly lift the motor with a bottle jack. Am I on the right track? Just loosen the long bolt, lift slightly, remove the three bolts holding the mount, and reinstall?

firecontrol86

Just loosen the long bolt, lift slightly, remove the three bolts holding the mount, and reinstall?
that's exactly how i did it. if you leave the transmission mount alone it shouldn't shift back on you. also i think the passenger side mount you don't have to take the bolt in the center of the mount all the way out(although i did), it has a cutout for the mount to just fall out once you get the engine high enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks