• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need some feedback on the value of my '87 USAF M35A2C

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is a post I've been putting off for awhile.

Short: I'm having some health issues that make big stuff like the Deuce very challenging, both in terms of working on it and operating it. I have considered selling it as a result. I have zero interest in selling it, as I'm very close to being done with it. It is due for some maintenance, needs the p/s installed and paint and it's done.

I want ya'll to give me an honest opinion about it's value. I know a bunch of you know me from the Ga Rally and Steel Soldiers, but if you think the truck is a junker that's only worth $5K, say so!

What's it worth now and finished (finished means sandblasted and painted with p/s installed)?

Now: 1987 USAF M35A2C. Bought in Sep. 2011 from WRAFB. All maintenance records document mileage being 11K at time of surplus. I have added 10K to it. I'm the only civilian owner and it spent it's entire career with one unit. Never wrecked or rusted.

Options: dual circuit brakes, whistler turbo, good hardtop, dual M44A3 seats, aluminum wiper motors work great and have civvy upgrade arms/blades. Heater and new core, locking doors, clear dash lights, originally solid green with one tan repaint. Coolant filter, G177 upgrade (X11), speedometer adapter for correct reading, injection pump resealed (including booster pump) and FDC bypassed. Factory PTO winch (style, this is not a factory winch truck), added M4A3 lower clevis as well. Folding bumber steps. HMMWV 100A dual output alternator gives 100A of 24V and 24A of 12V power. New batteries. Muffler. Truck electrical shutoff and shutoff for rear winch are in battery box. M939A2 Haldex PurestAir dryer.
Dropside bed with cargo tiedowns. Civvy ClassIV hitch. NOS Warn MRAP 18K lb. rear winch. Reverse lights, side lights, floodlight on front, M939 side markers. Fiberglass troop seats, metal bows, good tan vinyl cover, etc.

3053 works perfect, air shift works perfect, no death wobble, etc. Engine runs perfect. This is a truck - it's not the junk most antique car owners have. Every item on this truck works. Every gauge, every light, the heat and defrost, the parking brake, etc.

In short, this truck has 95% of the cool guy stuff everyone wants. Winches, whistler, dropside, hardtop, radials, etc.
New stuff I bought and haven't installed and would consider letting go with truck or installing:
NOS hardtop
NOS Doors (complete with glass, weatherstripping)
NOS lights and gauges
NOS Waterloo power steering setup
NOS 3 color vinyl cargo cover still in crate with all bows, staves, etc.
NOS air shift transfer still in crate
Spare used multifuel(s)
Clear Ga. title in my name with correct nomenclature

I've never done a build thread for this truck because I've never gotten close to finishing it. I do have an imgur album showing a lot of the work I've just described.

Album: (there are 200+ pictures here plus captions).

What do you guys think?

Also, would consider interesting trades involving:
C1 / C2 Corvette
ERA or Kirkham Cobra
A-12 1969 Road Runner

IMAG1060.jpg

20141207_153415.jpg

20141209_153625.jpg

20140916_172350.jpg

20210530_212249.jpg

20160905_190939.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

20200310_172715.jpg

Resized_20211109_173903.jpeg

20150814_183831.jpg

20150918_194344.jpg

IMAG0944.jpg

20171019_104958.jpg

20201014_141425.jpg

biscuitwhistler37

It's hard to say because words like "value" and "worth" change definition regionally, in my neck of the woods as it sits it would be in the 14-17k retail range, finished and pretty (not that its ugly, she's a b'ute!) I would be surprised if it didn't crest 20k. I'm also well north of the rust belt and a good, clean truck is hard to find. I would recommend searching what they're listed for near you, and compare and contrast from there as well as the general consensus of 12-15k from here. Also my estimate is truck only, no extras. Hope all goes well

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks