• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need some hard to find parts for a M215

nickmi05

Hopefully someone here can help me. I'm working on a '54 M215 for a volunteer restoration/automation project. We've had to replace a few parts, and one of them was the exhaust gasket. Holding the exhaust and intake manifold on is a oval shaped con caved washer/hold down. I'm not sure what it is actually called since this is the oldest vehicle I've worked on and this is the first time I've seen something like this used. Anyway, I am in need of this washer. Could anyone tell me what it is called exactly, or where I could find some?

Thanks in advance.

nickmi05

Re: RE: I need some hard to find parts for a M215

devilman96 said:
Post pictures please...
I will try to do so the next time I work on the truck. The parts manual that we have for it identifies it as a 6244764 and it is called a clamp. But I have not been able to cross reference this number to anything.

M215

M215 part

Is this what you are looking for? Took this picture of the spare GMC 302 I have in the shop for our M215. Check Memphis Equip. in PA they just scrapped a pile of this motors, may have some small stuff remaining.
Hope this helps, Karl

Post some pictures of your M215 project, would love to see another one restored.

Attachments

nickmi05

Re: M215 part

M215 said:
Is this what you are looking for? Took this picture of the spare GMC 302 I have in the shop for our M215. Check Memphis Equip. in PA they just scrapped a pile of this motors, may have some small stuff remaining.
Hope this helps, Karl

Post some pictures of your M215 project, would love to see another one restored.
That is exactly the part I'm looking for. We've already contacted memphis and they said they did not have any and they were no longer produced.

Thanks though!

nickmi05

Re: RE: M215 part

hmburner said:
Have a spare 302 out of my M135,let me know how many you need and i will mail them to you
I believe I need four of them. I will message you with my address. Also let me know if and how much you would like for them.

Thank you very much, we appreciate it.