• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I&O, TCM100 testing

eremyja

Hi everybody, found this forum while troubleshooting a mep806b.
I've got this one running good mechanically but the tcm100 doesn't have a heartbeat.
I have access to 6 more machines also of unknown condition so I'm looking for a way to test those tcm100s without pulling them out or fixing up the whole machine.
My thought is to put 24vdc across pin 11 and 12 on j17.
Any ideas if this would work?

Thanks for your help guys!

Guyfang

Staff member
1713737914773.png

The HEARTBEAT Indicator (WP 0004, Figure 3, Item 36) is normally ON blinking when DC power is applied to the I/O interface module (WP 0054, Figure 1, Item 25).
It is also normally ON blinking when the generator set is operating (engine is running) and the I/O interface module (WP 0054, Figure 1, Item 25) is functioning properly.
If the indicator is either steady-state ON or steady-state OFF, with the CIM ON and the engine running, there is a problem in the I/O interface module (WP 0054, Figure 1, Item 25) and it should be replaced.

I/O interface module (WP 0054, Figure 1, Item 25) is connected to the CIM and DCS wiring harnesses module by multi-pin electrical connectors. Use care when disconnecting and connecting the wiring harness to the I/O interface module. Failure to comply can cause damage to equipment.

There is no test for the I&O. If the heart beat is not working, change it. What you first need to do, is check, re-seat, every connector in the control panel. This POS is well known for having multi problems because of loose connections and cables.

Also make sure the DIP switches are in the right position, IAW the TM.

eremyja

Thanks for the reply.
To keep my initial post concise I left out some details. I've pulled, cleaned, and reseated every connection I could find, including the 2 big amphenols going into the back plane.
I checked all the ribbon cables for breaks visually and with a dmm where I could.
I followed through the flow charts for every symptom I had and I know I have to replace the I/O module.
My question pretty much is: what does this mean specifically?
The HEARTBEAT Indicator (WP 0004, Figure 3, Item 36) is normally ON blinking when DC power is applied to the I/O interface module (WP 0054, Figure 1, Item 25).

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everybody, found this forum while troubleshooting a mep806b.
I've got this one running good mechanically but the tcm100 doesn't have a heartbeat.
I have access to 6 more machines also of unknown condition so I'm looking for a way to test those tcm100s without pulling them out or fixing up the whole machine.
My thought is to put 24vdc across pin 11 and 12 on j17.
Any ideas if this would work?

Thanks for your help guys!
testing looks more like this

eremyja

testing looks more like this

I'm just looking for a go/no go test so I'm not wasting a bunch of time pulling bad modules out of all 6 machines.

I'm just going to bring a 24v jump pack, hook up to the battery terminals, reseat all the plugs I can get to and hope the amphenols are good.

Thanks guys

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks