• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I.P. Hydraulic Head

jimm1009

That 12 point plug on the side of my hydraulic head started leaking a little and today as I was launching to take a 250 trip is
started dripping about 1 drop every two to three seconds.
I know that seal kits are hard to find but anyone know if a seal can be had for under this plug? I MUST get this leak fixed
before this time next week so anyone with an idea please shoot me a reply. I also contacted an injection pump facility here in
Louisville, KY but they did not call back. It is Friday and well everyone is wanting to go home, I get that. Monday perhaps.
I don't want to buy a new head for $600 just because of one leak.
Ideas? Thoughts?
jimm1009
aka, Jim

I've only heard not experienced that that cap can crack , if it is , I hear they are hard to come by , but I'm more than sure someone on here would send you one if that's the case. If it's just a simple o ring , im sure that would be very easy to find

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

jimm1009

Did you try and back it off some then retighten?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have tried with anything other than a very gently tug with some pliers. This morning I am going to spray it down with brake parts cleaner and make 110% sure that that is the leak as it would seem like the O-ring for the HH would be a more likely failure over time. God only knows how long this pump has been in service. The engine runs great but the leak needs fixing. I hear that seal kits are available but hard to find so I will look there as well. As mentioned in another reply above if the cap is cracked then maybe someone will have one from a junk HH. I hate to purchase a new HH for $500 just because of a cracked HH or O-ring failure.
I will post my findings here as it is something that any of us could experience as part of our love for these Beasts.
jimm1009

jimm1009

Updated in a new post.
Well the OD Green Gods were looking out for me today. I pulled that 12 pointed head cap off, wiped it off, ensured the spring was still in place and reinstalled the same cap. It Idled for 15 minutes with no leaks. That cap has a hole for safety wire and it was not safetied. It is getting fresh .025 stainless wire as I type. Yea!
I can't say enough about our collective group here. There is always someone to help with great ideas.
Sincerely, jimm1009, aka: Jim in Louisville, KY

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks