• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I rebuilt My AirPack(PICS)

No.2Diesel

...and so can you!

I realize that this isn't a very productive thread as I didn' t take step by step pics, but wanted to demonstrate that its not that bad. Plus all the pics you need are in the TM. No real surprises.

*Took about 6hrs. (not including reinstalling unit and bleeding brakes.)
*Make sure you take your time and clean everything
*My kit lacked sufficient amounts of felt material
*Got a booboo when pushing plunger into Air Cylinder
*Follow the TM!!

-------------------------

*My brother rebuilt his unit for the Tractor-Wrecker.
*5Ton AirPak has more parts.
*Was bleeding brakes on 819 when front hard line blew.
*Would not have known condition if vacuum bled.
*INSPECT YOUR BRAKE LINES

----------------------------------

Attachments

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Nice job. Sorry about the workmans comp claim on your hand. It was also nice of your wife to let you move the kitchen counter downstairs to complete the job.

No.2Diesel

Your mistaken sir! :) That IS the kitchen. :p Its a sawzalled section of counter I throw around as a work table. Picture the house Ed Norton was living in, in the film Fight Club. Those are my current living conditions. 8)

--------------------------------------------

Both Kits came from White Owl

Deuce:$75
5ton: $175

---------------------------------------

I think if I ever had a digit or limb severed in an accident I would start gnawing on it before the EMTs got there. The urge is too great :p

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did one of mine when Saturn had some kits. Was fairly easy. The gaskets were hard as a rock. Just soaked them in hot water and they came back to life. Good job No.2! Sorry 'bout the oops onthe hand.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a sticky at the top of the forum about air packs. I'd check it out before your rebuild.

No.2Diesel

Thanks Bjorn.

I forgot to mention that yes my airpak was oozing and producing a very soft pedal. I also replaced my master cylinder too. Huge improvement resulted.

------------------------------------------

It is usually mentioned that some tool oil be added to the air cylinder. Whats not mentioned is the quantity and the frequency. Anybody got some ideas?

jwaller

Is your pedal now high and firm? not easy to push? I'm trying to decide if I need to go thru mine or not. It just seems much harder than the 5T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks