• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I SCREWED UP! M931a2 engine oil overfill

st8drumz

So, pulled a dumbass 939 series rookie move. The dipstick on the 931 a 2 I just picked up today was about halfway between full and add so I decided to top it off. Looked at the overall capacity but, like a dumbass, didn't read the freaking dipstick that said add 2 quarts at the low mark. I added a gallon of the Lucas Oil Treatment which of course, since it only needed about a quart, looks like it put me probably 3 quarts over. So, on this Cummins 8.3, am I okay to run it over filled that much or do a quick drain and plug, check the level and then add if I need to? I'm not moving this thing until like get some advice, still out on the recovery trip and have many miles to go. I got the stuff to do the drain and refill no problem. I just don't know this engine yet and all its personality quarks. Thank you in advance for saving my butt! :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So, pulled a dumbass 939 series rookie move. The dipstick on the 931 a 2 I just picked up today was about halfway between full and add so I decided to top it off. Looked at the overall capacity but, like a dumbass, didn't read the freaking dipstick that said add 2 quarts at the low mark. I added a gallon of the Lucas Oil Treatment which of course, since it only needed about a quart, looks like it put me probably 3 quarts over. So, on this Cummins 8.3, am I okay to run it over filled that much or do a quick drain and plug, check the level and then add if I need to? I'm not moving this thing until like get some advice, still out on the recovery trip and have many miles to go. I got the stuff to do the drain and refill no problem. I just don't know this engine yet and all its personality quarks. Thank you in advance for saving my butt! :)
Just remove your oil filter and drain it and reinstall