• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think they got this from IKEA

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite the operation. I wonder, after doing the 1st one, just how fast a group of mechanics could put a plane together?
All the air pumping for the landing gear, I would find, borrow,beg, steal,purchase, or otherwise acquire a compressor

axshon

All that engineering and common sense in one place and not a computer to be found. Better days.. I wonder how many of those cases are at the bottom of the Atlantic, victims of U-boats.

steelypip

I was just thinking that my old fond daydream to find the apocryphal "jeep in a crate" has now been upgraded to "jug in two crates." It's interesting that they have the field un-crate instructions for the jug, which was arguably the highest-tech recip fighter of WWII with its dual-stage turbos. There were a lot of less-exotic (and smaller, and lighter) airplanes that would have been much easier to field-assemble.

jasonjc

I was just thinking that my old fond daydream to find the apocryphal "jeep in a crate" has now been upgraded to "jug in two crates." It's interesting that they have the field un-crate instructions for the jug, which was arguably the highest-tech recip fighter of WWII with its dual-stage turbos. There were a lot of less-exotic (and smaller, and lighter) airplanes that would have been much easier to field-assemble.
I bet they did all of them that way. My dad told me a story of the frist F86 his unit got in Korea. The line cheif started cussing about them forgetting to put the prop in the crate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks