• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Wanna Go Fast(ish) - NP200 to NP205 swap?

77TransAm

My truck has a 318 with a synchroed NP435 and 4.89 gears. All things considered (apart from the NP200), it ought to tolerate 70mph. I have gathered that an NP205 is a semi-simple swap that would solve the problem without having to alter the offset diffs (run through the NP205, add the parking brake from the NP200). That all sounds good in theory, but I am sure the details are more complicated… can anyone who has done this clue me in on what type of NP205 is needed and what parts are needed to make the adaptation? I have a functional NP200 in it now (thanks to Ziggy) and the remains of the one that locked up. In the process of replacing the one that locked, I found a hole in the floor that looks to have been created by a previous t-case detonation (yikes!). I’d love to solve the issue once and for all without having to mess with the axles or the trans. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks